Volunteers of America operates recovery homes to provide men and women, age 18 and older, a safe and structured living environment that is supportive of their recovery efforts. Each recovery home (a five bedroom women’s home and five bedroom men’s home) provides a drug and alcohol-free homelike environment for individuals who are self-sustaining, but who require a minimal level of support and assistance to maintain recovery from alcohol, drug, or gambling abuse.
Homes will operate 24 hours per day, seven days a week with a program designed to maximize opportunities for employment, education, health, recreation, family and social relationships, and overall living skills. An on-call clinician is available 24 hours a day. There is a washer/dryer in each Recovery Home for residents to use.
Residents must have an assessment indicating ASAM 2.1 or 3.1 level of service by a treatment provider within the state, with priority going to those residents coming from within the northeast region of Wyoming, or by an outpatient treatment provider within the northeast region of Wyoming. Referrals are to be directed to our admissions department at 866.843.0351 or email@example.com
Individuals eligible to reside in the Recovery Homes must:
- Have completed a residential treatment program and/or are currently receiving outpatient services and require additional support to remain out of residential care
- Be referred to an outpatient provider in the community OR participate in four (4) hours of group and one (1) individual sessions a week with a VOA clinician.
- Require a minimal level of support and assistance to maintain recovery from alcohol, drugs, or gambling dependence
- Provide a letter of application from the prospective resident
- Completed an alcohol/drug assessment within the last 30 days
- Had a physical with a negative TB test
- Provide a letter of referral from current substance abuse treatment provider outlining client’s progress in treatment and justification for this level of care
- Be employed full-time and/or be a full-time student
Each resident will be expected to pay rent. The fee is $400 per month and this includes rent, utilities, case management, and professional counseling. Residents will purchase their own food and personal care items. All linens and housewares will be provided.
Funding is provided by the Wyoming Department of Health, Behavioral Health Division.