Mommy's Closet is a free crisis resource provider that lends a helping hand to low-income families with children up to age the age of five. Because young families have particular needs yet sometimes have trouble meeting those needs for a variety of reasons, Mommy's Closet provides assistance by supplying necessities to help take care of babies and children.
A caseworker works with parents to do the following:
- Help them identify barriers to self sufficiency
- Assist them to create success plans
- Provide guidance to families as they stabilize their lives
Mommy's Closet provides a safe place for parents to come and problem solve issues surrounding parenting, housing, education, employment, and general finances. Reaching a goal of self sufficiency is supported through Volunteers of America working along with other agencies to facilitate the parent's growth.
How does Mommy's Closet support parents?
- Referrals for additional assistance
- Case management and client support
- Parenting classes
What supplies are provided to parents?
- Diapers, wipes and formula
- Clothing up to size 5T
- Personal Hygiene products
Mommy's Closet is now a child safety seat distributer, please call for an appointment. Child seats are provided by the State of South Dakota, Department of Social Services.